World Tourism Day Celebration
World Tourism Day Celebration, Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro | September 27 – 29 , 2022
World Tourism Day is being held every 27th day of September each year since 1980 for the global observance day fostering awareness of tourism’s social, cultural, political, and economic value and the contribution that the sector can make towards reaching sustainable development goals.
Celebrating this year’s World Tourism Day will highlight the shift towards tourism as a crucial pillar of development. This will then serve as a take-off of the tourism industry from the pandemic to begin its transformation through global tourism recovery.
“Rethinking Tourism” as the current theme of the celebration aims to inspire the debate around rethinking tourism for development, through education, jobs, and tourism’s impact on the planet, opening opportunities to grow more sustainably. Thus the event will develop around the thought of “Rethinking Tourism as a Key Element of Recovery”.
In the context of our locality, World Tourism Day was first celebrated in Sablayan in the year 2018. Now on its 5th year, the Local Government Unit through the tourism office will be hosting a celebration highlighting the local tourism products to support local economic development as well as tree planting activity to promote sustainable tourism.
Below are the schedule of activities to note:
• “Go local, buy local – Trade Fair” | Sablayan Town Plaza | September 27-29, 2022
• “Go local, buy local – Pasalubong Contest” | Sablayan Town Plaza | September 27, 2022
• “Tree Planting Activity” | Poblacion Mangrove Area | September 22, 2022
• “Sablayan 3 in 1 Adventure Blessing and Wall Climbing Challenge | September 27, 2022
• Awarding & Closing Ceremony | Sablayan Town Plaza | September 29, 2022 – 8:00 AM
HAPPY WORLD TOURISM DAY !!
SEE YOU THERE !!
Konsehal Marffin Dulay 🤗